Thursday 11 September 2008

the price i pay

arms so warm and tender
raise me up to silver skies
looking deep into forever
with a sadness in my eyes
the strongest arms will some day fail
and weaken over time
what then will there be left for me
if you´re no longer mine
could i still caress your skin
could gentle breezes kiss
these are the things that bother me
the things that i would miss
your dreamers breath that whispers
your heart, that steady drum
the laughter and the joy we´ll share in times still yet to come
what would life be worth to me
without you by my side
could there still be that forever
or would time just fade and die
could there still be winter
without promise of a spring
this i ask of you my love
for that is what you bring
when times are cold and dreary
and the air is colder still
it is your love that warms me
and keeps me safe from winters chill
but what love would i do
without you id be lost
my gift from god was loving you
but even love comes at a cost

2 comments:

spanky said...

i love the poetry but i do feel that the nature of all the peices are depressing i think love should lift you up were you belong so snap out of it missery guts

Shotgoth said...

Good work Sij. I think the poems present a strong image with some striking use of language.

Teacher bit now...
but watch those rhymes and make sure you keep the rhythm of a piece or make the break in rhythm a deliberate effect to enhance the meaning of a line or stanza.