Saturday 18 October 2008

chapters of my life

i had a million dreams to live
not one has yet come true
i never danced upon a stage
i never sang a tune
a child has eyes like no one else
eyes that dare to dream
but it's hard to live the dream nowadays
with all the things i've seen
i never went to law school
or earned a high degree
i didnt publish poems
not even two or three
i did not become an astronaught
i never learned to fly
maybe dreams like this
just werent meant for the likes of i
i got myself a steady job
and tried to settle down
but no matter how i tried to swim
i always seemed to drown
i lost my job one summer time
and my lover the fall before
it never seems to be too long
before misery knocks the door
i look back on all my dreams
from times when i was small
and it startles me to realise
i have none left at all
i do not dream of fortune
of fame or such and like
i dont dream of racing grand prix cars
while fixing up my bike
i dont dream of my husband
the one i thought would be
i dont dream of my children
it just wasn't meant for me
i wish for things like happiness
i wish for night and day
i wish for things i know will come
even if not right away
i dont wish for the love
of the man who broke my heart
i dont wish for a happy ending
i pray to find the start
so id like to end my story
but it has not yet begun
but maybe there will be more to tell
and this is just chapter one.

No comments: