Thursday 9 October 2008

Whore

you walk into my room and say
my god I've had an awful day
i listen and pretend to care
half wishing that you weren't there
you pull me close and kiss my chest
and say 'you know, i like you best'
you lay me down and strip me bare
now you're the one pretending to care
i feel the blood now rising high
you stretch your arms up to the sky
to feel the sweat
the heat
the taste
you'd lay your whole damn life to waste
you close your eyes
the lights grow dim
i´ll moan and beg you
put it in
your hands caress me
now you shake
you hope to god
that you wont wake
your body screams out
please don't stop
but what of the other girl you've got?
where is she in all of this?
i kiss your chest
in ill feigned bliss
then suddenly
your mind returns
inside you're wishing i was her
your eyes grow distant
you say no more
now you've got what you came for
you leave the money on the stand
no strings attached
just cash in hand
you go back to your perfect life
your perfect home
your perfect wife
i scream 'don't you come back no more!'
that's what you get
when you're a whore.

1 comment:

Throg Niemand said...

You have a real talent for vivid, powerful imagery. There is a real sense of self-loathing conveyed here, even though it seems he is the one most deserving of loathing. I'm not sure I'd have used rhymes for a poem such as this as it's all too easy to take the edge off with a rhyme. Powerful, nonetheless.