Saturday 29 November 2008

hidden from view

i have given everything
every morsel of my being has been devoured
i breathe
i feel
i cry
but still each tear falls shallow
every breath sighs and echoes with my emptiness
each emotion is wrought with the same discontent
i gave it all to them
my friends
my lovers
my foes
each one and the same in their deceptions
lovingly tore away my facade
leaving my weakness exposed
throw this desiccated wood onto the fire
watch me burn
feel the heat of my passing
watch me die
but a glowing ember
soon to be discarded
this is life
this is all that is left
i was once not so different from them
i too once felt the thrill of passion
i too once lept for joy
i too once indulged in my sorrows and pain
but now i am as the sunset
marvel at my beauty
gaze softly at the world enshrouded in my glow
for soon i will pass
soon a silvery shadow of what once was will take my place
you will marvel at it's beauty still
gaze softly at the world enshrouded in it's glow
but still it is no more than a reflection
a mirror
my own deception
i will be gone
away into the deep forgiving void
hidden from view.

No comments: