Monday 22 December 2008

deceptions

torn asunder is my heart
for each love is loved equal
each love i love divine
but which half of one heart can truly love?
can half a heart so torn as mine feel any love at all?
could it be that earthly passions tear my heart a twain?
could it be my heart deceives for one and both the same?
or truly does my heart deny me what i so desire?
truth is what i seek
but where i ask does truth belong in the realms of love?
i look into the face of one i love so dearly
can my heart be playing with my eyes
that i could gaze upon him with such adoration
yet still another casts his beautiful image in my mind?
oh woe betides those who love so freely
how beside myself am i
that my shadow seems to cover me
how can i feel such feelings
when once or twice at least upon days gone by i so loved another?
oh sweet and unforgiving deceptions of the heart
release me from this turmoil and offer loving guidance
give me but one answer
one needle and one thread
that once again my heart be whole
and love one love so true and righteously
i plead
i beg of you
my heart in all its parts wants only one simple thing
one love
in one person, one part
to love as one whole.

No comments: