Thursday 24 July 2008

Closer still

i cant´ push away the memories
or how they make me feel
nothings quite the same now
it all seems so surreal
looking at you sitting there
my mind begins to reel
i know it all meant nothing
at least,
nothing much to you
and you answer me with silence
when i ask you if thats true
with a look of sheer defiance
that cuts me through and through
you wont say the words
they have yet to pass your lips
but all the while i know
it wont be long before it slips
someday im sure you´ll let me know
and tell me honestly
when the best of me is dead and gone
and you´ve had your fun with me
i never realy had a chance
and would always be second best
well
incase you hadn´t noticed
i have already guessed
it´s okay
i admit it
you know i always knew
but i would do the same a thousand times
just to be close to you.

No comments: