Thursday 24 July 2008

The tale of broken hearts

my words have lost their meaning
my tune has lost it´s song
i thought you were the one
then i found out
i was wrong
i try to write it down
but the words mean nothing still
and i cannot change my fate
and life will do what it will
there is nothing in the daybreak
but a light across the bay
there is nothing in the meadows
but a lonely bale of hay
the wind that whistled long ago
went still and hushed and died
the waves that broke upon the shore
have dissappeared and dried
the moon still glows at midnight
and the stars still shine above
they are the last remaining
part of what i once called love
the gentle memories i hold
can stike so fierce a blow
they turn my heart a blackened cold
and my pulse begins to slow
so here i am again
right back at the start
or is it just the end
of my tale of broken hearts?

No comments: