Thursday 24 July 2008

Hallowed

such a storm
such a haze
and within that blowing gale i feel alive
i stand here
still amazed
and stretching forth my arms up to the sky
hallowed hallowed
hallowed is the day
and the rain pours out to me it´s sorrows pain
i can feel the rivers winding
and it babble
and it´s hush
as a pulse inside my own
within my viens
sootheing is the sigh
of the wind that sweeps and blows
melancholy is it´s silent hand
as sweeping up the leaves
it´s gentle fingers brush
through all the leaves and all across the land
hallowed hallowed
hallowed is the day
and hallowed is the earth on which i stand
upon a grassy knowle
like a beacon to the fold
there stands a silent testamony still
it´s iron nails all rusted
and it´s wood all weather torn
here lies the place where purest blood was spilled
hallowed hallowed
hallowed is the day
and hallowed was the one who gave his life
he who bore the burden
the torment and the pain
for ten score and a thousand years of strife
for each sinner in the crowd
for each sinner yet to come
and for every sin he cried to god aloud
forgive them my father they know not what they do
and these are the words that fill my heart
for gods son gave his life
to give me life anew
though not just me
he gave it for you too.

No comments: