Thursday 24 July 2008

you broke my dreams and took my heart

you carry it around like a medal on your chest,
the thing that you have taken from deep within my breast,
you parade it right in front of me,
and ignore the tears i fight,
i wish that i could stop them,
but i cant,
try as i might,
can nothing end this feeling,
like im falling through the sky,
cant i just pretend that im okay,
and tell you to walk on by,
why do you play these games,
that reek havock with my mind,
is there nothing you can say,
that is comforting or kind,
can you not see the destruction,
that lays within your wake,
can you not see the heart you stole,
may be the one you break,
please dont take my dreams from me,
they´re all that i have left,
of a life that i once thought i´d have,
of which im now bereft,
though these words have little meaning,
i speak them from the heart,
the one that you have stolen,
as i told you from the start,
be carefull of your pride,
and your arrogance indeed,
for someday i might be,
the one want so not to need.

No comments: